Traffic Violations Lawyer in Wilmington
Proven Defense in New Hanover County
While a traffic violation might seem like a minor thing, it is still technically a criminal charge and can have a serious and negative impact on your life. If, for example, you collect too many points on your license, you can temporarily lose your driving privileges. Insurance companies can also increase your rates when your violations start to accumulate. More serious violations like drunk driving and vehicular manslaughter can result in jail time.
It's important to take traffic violations seriously. As an experienced Wilmington traffic violations lawyer, Attorney Merritt Wagoner can protect your rights and fight to protect you from the harshest consequences of a traffic charge.
How to Get a Traffic Ticket Dismissed in North Carolina
To get a ticket dismissed in North Carolina, you must follow the following steps:
- Let the court know: The only way to enter a not guilty plea is by going to your court and doing so in person on the hearing date listed on on your citation.
- Build your case: Gather all the facts from the incident, call witnesses if applicable, and organize your argument so you’re prepared to present your case in court.
- Consider hiring an us: We can offer you the best legal advice when it comes to dismissing your ticket. And if you’re not able to dismiss your citation, we can help you reach a plea bargain agreement for lesser charges.
- Plead your case: Present your case to the presiding judge. The judge will make a decision and tell you the verdict.
If the judge rules that you are guilty of the traffic offense, you will have to pay the North Carolina traffic fines associated with your ticket, on top of the court fees you paid.
Defending you Against a Variety of Traffic Violations
At The Wagoner Law Firm, P.L.L.C., we provide determined defense against a range of traffic violations, including but not limited to:
- Running a stop sign or red light
- Failure to yield
- Reckless driving
- Driving with a suspended license
- Drag racing
- Failure to stop at a railroad crossing
Our ultimate goal is to help keep points off your license and you on the road. The sooner you contact us after a moving violation, the better able we’ll be to do exactly that.
Don't Let Traffic Tickets Snowball. Call Our Office Today!
Many people would rather pay the fine associated with a traffic ticket and simply “be done with it” than try to fight the ticket in court. However, we urge those of you with a similar mindset to reconsider. Paying your ticket means you are pleading guilty to the moving violation you were charged with, whether or not that’s actually the case. If you already have too many points on your license, you may not be able to afford pleading guilty to another charge without losing your ability to drive. If you are in that situation, you need a law firm to protect your freedom and your ability to continue driving. We are that law firm.
Don't let that one last ticket turn into an unwanted surprise of raised insurance rates or a suspended license. Call our Wilmington office at (910) 400-8285 for a free initial consultation. You can also reach us online to get more information.
The Wagoner Law Firm, P.L.L.C. represents clients facing traffic tickets that were issued in New Hanover, Carteret and Pender counties.
Assault by Strangulation Client Acquitted
Assault on a Female Case Dismissed
Common Law Robbery Case Dismissed
Driving While Impaired Case Dismissed
Felony Hit and Run with Injury Client Acquitted
First Degree Arson Case Dismissed
Heroin Trafficking Case Dismissed
Insurance Fraud Client Acquitted
Sexual Battery Client Acquitted
Statutory Rape Case Dismissed