Wilmington Misdemeanor Lawyer
Experienced Legal Representation Against Misdemeanor Offenses in New Hanover County
If you do not take your misdemeanor criminal charges seriously, you may be in for a rude awakening. Contrary to popular belief, a misdemeanor conviction can severely impact your life.
If you are facing misdemeanor charges, you should talk to a criminal defense attorney about the potential impact of a conviction as soon as possible. Don’t assume that because it’s a misdemeanor offense, you don’t need professional representation. Too many have fallen prey to the same misconception and suffered the consequences. Do something about it now while you still have a chance.
Are you facing a misdemeanor charge in North Carolina? Call The Wagoner Law Firm, P.L.L.C. today at (910) 400-8285 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our misdemeanor attorney in Wilmington!
Why You Need a Misdemeanor Lawyer
While misdemeanors are considered less severe than felonies, they can still have serious consequences, including fines, jail time, and a permanent criminal record. It's important to have an experienced misdemeanor lawyer on your side to protect your rights and fight for the best possible outcome in your case.
By hiring a misdemeanor lawyer from our firm, you can benefit from:
- Expert legal representation: Our attorneys have a deep understanding of North Carolina's misdemeanor laws and will work tirelessly to build a strong defense strategy tailored to your case.
- Potentially reduced consequences: With our expertise, we can negotiate with prosecutors to potentially minimize the penalties associated with a misdemeanor conviction, such as fines, probation, or community service.
- Protection of your rights: We will ensure that your constitutional rights are upheld throughout the legal process, including the right to a fair trial, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel.
- Peace of mind: Facing criminal charges can be overwhelming and stressful. Our misdemeanor lawyers will guide you through every step of the process, providing support and reassurance along the way.
When you work with us, we'll take the time to understand your unique situation and develop a personalized defense strategy. Our goal is to help you avoid a conviction or minimize the potential penalties.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation with our Wilmington misdemeanor lawyer and start building your defense.
Misdemeanor Cases We Handle
Attorney Merritt Wagoner has over a decade of experience representing people charged with crimes, from felonies to misdemeanors. The most common types of misdemeanor offenses that we regularly represent include:
However, this is not a comprehensive list of our misdemeanor defense services. If you were charged for something else, we can very likely still help. Contact our Wilmington misdemeanor lawyer to learn more.
What Are the Penalties for Misdemeanor Convictions in North Carolina?
In North Carolina, misdemeanor convictions carry various penalties depending on the severity of the offense. The state classifies misdemeanors into four categories: Class A1, Class 1, Class 2, and Class 3. The penalties for each class of misdemeanor are as follows:
- Class A1 Misdemeanor: This is the most severe misdemeanor offense in North Carolina. Penalties for Class A1 misdemeanors can include a fine of up to $2,000 and/or imprisonment for up to 150 days.
- Class 1 Misdemeanor: Penalties for Class 1 misdemeanors can include a fine of up to $1,000 and/or imprisonment for up to 120 days.
- Class 2 Misdemeanor: Penalties for Class 2 misdemeanors can include a fine of up to $1,000 and/or imprisonment for up to 60 days.
- Class 3 Misdemeanor: Penalties for Class 3 misdemeanors can include a fine of up to $200 and/or imprisonment for up to 20 days.
It's important to note that these penalties are general guidelines, and the specific penalties for a particular offense can vary based on the circumstances and the judge's discretion. Additionally, additional consequences may be associated with a misdemeanor conviction, such as probation, community service, or mandatory counseling programs.
If you have been charged with a misdemeanor in North Carolina, it is recommended to consult with a Wilmington misdemeanor attorney who can provide you with accurate and up-to-date information regarding the potential penalties you may face
Contact Our Wilmington Misdemeanor Attorney Today
We want to ensure that you know all of the legal options available to you at this time, including what possibilities you face if you attempt to go unrepresented in court. We would also like to caution you against the easy option of using the public defender provided to you by the state, as these professionals rarely have the time or skills needed to adequately prepare a strong defense against your charges.
Contact The Wagoner Law Firm, P.L.L.C. today to schedule a FREE case review with our misdemeanor lawyer in Wilmington!
Assault by Strangulation Client Acquitted
Assault on a Female Case Dismissed
Common Law Robbery Case Dismissed
Driving While Impaired Case Dismissed
Felony Hit and Run with Injury Client Acquitted
First Degree Arson Case Dismissed
Heroin Trafficking Case Dismissed
Insurance Fraud Client Acquitted
Sexual Battery Client Acquitted
Statutory Rape Case Dismissed